Challenge 16 – Block Stacker
Building blocks! Scattered all over the floor! This won’t do at all.
Your task is to create a contraption that will allow us to stack these blocks so that they’re tidied away and less of a mess:
Your contraption could be anything from a crane to a flying UFO with a functional tractor beam – the more creative and outside-the-box, the better!
- Should be able to move the blocks to form a stack with some level of accuracy. Don’t worry too much about the stack itself, it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- We want some measure of control over what gets stacked next and/or where it goes.
- Blocks cannot be emitted, teleported, or sackbot-lifted into place. That’s too easy!
- PlayStation Move control can be used, but not to pick up blocks directly.
- It doesn’t have to be a moving vehicle; it can be fixed in place within the level.
- You must construct something – a Sackbot with some logic doesn’t count as a contraption.
- Use the blocks we provide (get them here). There are four different shapes and sizes – you should have at least one of each in your level.
- You can already have a couple pre-stacked as a starting point.
- Feel free to change the appearance of the blocks (material, stickers etc) as long as the size and shapes remain.
- Logic can be added, though the blocks should not be or become ‘sticky’ or defy gravity when the contraption isn’t handling them. They also shouldn’t fly around stacking themselves or have any independent moving capabilities of their own – the contraption should be doing all the stacking.
- Try and keep the level around 2-3 minutes in length.
- Provide quick access to the contraption, there’s no need for long cutscenes!
- We only judge the contraption, but a nicely presented level is always a plus.
How To Enter
- Go to the level “CC16 – Get your blocks here!“, copy it to your moon and capture the blocks.
- Create a new level with some blocks ready to be stacked on the floor and your contraption.
- Once it’s finished, give it a title with CC16 in there somewhere (e.g. “CC16 – Super Awesome Block Stacker!”).
- Publish before 23:55 BST on Sunday 29th April 2012 (what time that is where I live?)
- Come back to this thread and post a link to your level.
- Check out what everyone else has been making by searching for CC16 (or just click here to queue up some levels).
When all of your incredible creations are done and published, we’ll play the levels and pick five finalists (and now you’ve got another judge to impress as we welcome QuietlyWrong to the Contraption Challenge Team!) You’ll get the chance to vote which one you liked the best and we’ll release a video counting down to reveal the winner, who will be awarded both a Prize Crown and a Contraption Challenge Pin! This super-rare in-game pin is awarded to only the best of the best in recognition of your creative skillz of awesome for you to proudly display on your profile.
- The level must be playable in LittleBigPlanet 2.
- Make sure your levels are viewable on LBP.me (find out how to change your privacy settings here).
- You can only publish ONE level with ONE contraption.
- You can enter either by yourself OR in a team of up to 4 people (one person should publish the level and list the other creators in the level description with @ in front of their PSN name).
- Levels must be published BEFORE 23:55 BST 29th April 2012 with CC16 in the title.
- Edit your level and republish it as much as you like before the deadline, but do not republish after the deadline (at least not until the contest is over). Any levels published or republished after the deadline will be disqualified, except in in exceptional circumstances.
- Make it your own creation, don’t copy someone else’s and claim it as yours!
Want an easy link to bookmark so you can always find the latest challenge thread? Look no further.
You can follow us on Twitter @LBPContraptions to keep up-to-date with all the latest news about the challenges. You can also subscribe to our mailing list to receive email alerts wherever something happens. There’s also the PSN account LBPContraptions, where all CC related levels will be published (keep an eye on this when the voting begins).
And finally, be sure to check out our YouTube channel, where we feature all finalists from every challenge.