A new LBPCentral contest! This time around, you are required to build a fast paced underwater level! Think you can do it?
• Create a level experience of your choice, with intense fast gameplay, completely underwater
• You can optionally use a scuba-diver power-up
• The level must include gameplay so no movie levels, please! It can contain quick cutscenes that don’t slow down the overall pace.
• The level may contain a level link, but the overall length must be between 4 and 7 minutes, we want our reflexes to be put to the test but not sore hands
How to enter
• Build a level before the deadline that fits the contest description and building requirements.
• Include the text “(LBPC8)” in the title of the level. Don’t forget to add things like a nice looking badge, some tags, and a concise level description.
• Publish your levels before 11:59PM GMT on 17th June 2012.
• Post LBP.me links to your levels in this thread, so we’re sure not to miss them!
• After the deadline, the judges will grab their flippers and select the best levels based on the scoring criteria below. The creator of the best level will be pinned/crowned winners!
Levels will be judged according to the following criteria:
• Gameplay – Here, we’re scoring things like fun factor, balanced difficulty and freedom from glitches and bugs.
• Originality – How innovative is your creation? How well did you take the source material to create something unique yet still have it be recognizable?
• Visuals – This is all about how good your level looks. We like detail and lighting and special effects, but try to avoid graphics-induced lag!
• Audio – Sound effects and music are a great way to turn your level into an addictive and immersive experience.
Rules and Regulations
• This contest is open to all ages and all regions. That means anyone can participate!
• All entries must be playable in LittleBigPlanet 2
• You can only enter one level. Duplicate entries will result in disqualification.
• The contest officially begins on 7th May 2012 at 12:00am GMT. Previously published entries will not be accepted.
• Levels must be published before the deadline with “(LBPC8)” in their title. After the deadline, do not republish. Levels republished after the deadline will be disqualified. Exceptions may be made for quick fixes with respect to level titles, description, badges, or major game-breaking fixes, but only with the prior consent of the contest crew. If you need to request an edit, please post in this thread and send me a PM.
• Levels must be your own creation. Feel free to take inspiration from the world around you and from other levels, but don’t copy someone else’s work outright! That’s just not cool….
• Last but not least, have fun, play fair and respect other creators!
Q: Can I enter a previously published level?
Q: Can I enter a level I already have on my moon, but hasn’t yet been published?
Q: Once I’ve published my entry, can I republish it?
A: You can republish it as many times before the deadline as you like, but not after the deadline.
Q: When will the judging begin?
A: The judges may take a look at some levels prior to the deadline, but the judging proper will not begin until after the deadline.
Q: When will the results be posted?
A: We can’t really give any accurate answer to this, but it will be no more than a month after the judging begins.
Good luck to everyone!