“Sackboy: Project (Near) Space” Promotion (the “Promotion”)
Create Phase Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter is Sony Computer Entertainment Australia Pty Limited (ABN 80 077 583 183) of 63-73 Ann Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010 (“Promoter”).
- All references to times and dates are to times and dates in Sydney, which may be Australian Eastern Standard Time (“AEST”) or Australian Eastern Daylight Time (“AEDT”) depending on the date.
- All references to dollars or “$” are referenced to Australian dollars.
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the conditions of entry. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to Australian residents aged 13 years or older only (“Eligible Entrants”). You may be required to provide documentary proof of your eligibility to enter a Promotion. If you are unable to provide this proof when requested, the Promoter may disqualify you from the Promotion and/or withhold your prize. The Promotion is not open to employees of Sony Computer Entertainment companies, their agents, contractors, consultants, their families (including de facto spouses) or to other persons assisting with the Promotion. If you are under 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and claim your prize.
- The Promotion starts at ___3_pm AEST on 10 October 2012 and continues until ___6___pm AEST on 22 October 2012 (“Promotion Period”). Failure to enter a promotion during the Promotion Period will disqualify your entry.
- To enter to be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must ‘Like’ the Sackboy: Project (Near) Space Tab on the PlayStation Australia Facebook and follow the directions provided therein in order to create their own unique design for Sackboy’s spacesuit. The Promoter will choose the most creative design from the entries submitted during the Promotion Period.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- One (1) winner will be chosen on ___25th October____ 2012 (“Promotion End Date”). The prize on offer is described below.
- The Winner will be judged on creativity of entry. Chance plays no part in determining winners in this Promotion.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any entries that are lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any postal failure, network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. No applications from agents, third parties, organized groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
- For promotions that require you to submit images, videos or other media, the following additional terms apply:
- You confirm that your entry is all your own original work and that any materials or information used by you in creating your entry do not and will not infringe the intellectual property, moral or other rights of any third party.
- You confirm that you have not entered into any agreements with third parties that could impair the Promoter’s rights to use your entry.
- You must ensure that any person(s) whose image has been used in your entry has given their consent for the use of their image and has waived any rights they may have in the images, videos or other media submitted. If such persons are under the age of 18, you must obtain parental consent.
- If you cannot produce evidence of the consents referred to above, you may be disqualified from the promotion and/or lose any prize.
- Your entry must not contain any (i) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery, (ii) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language, (iii) harassing or defamatory content, (iv) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others (v) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality, (vi) violent or dangerous behaviour, and/or (vii) spam, advertising or other commercial activities, or any other type of content that is indecent, immoral, discriminatory, offensive, or portrays or encourages illegal activities. Any entry that contains such material will be disqualified.
- Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry process in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
- The winning design for the Sackboy Spacesuit will be created and worn by Sackboy when he is launched into near space. The winner will also receive a tailor-made replica of the winning Sackboy Spacesuit
- The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to withhold prizes in the event that it receives an insufficient number of entries or entries of insufficient quality.
- If you win a prize you will be contacted on the e-mail address you provided when entering the competition. If you do not reply to the e-mail within forty-eight (48) hours, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next entrant whose entry meets the judging criteria or to reoffer the prize in any future promotion.
- The Promoter will bear the cost of dispatching the prizes to you but all other costs associated with the acceptance and use of the prizes (including but not limited to any applicable tax, insurance, spending money, meals or other personal expenses, as the case may be) are the responsibility of the winners.
- All Prizes must be taken as stated. Prizes are not transferable, divisible or exchangeable and no cash alternatives will be offered. Prizes may not be re-sold and are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
Ownership and use of entries
- On submission, your entry and all materials created, developed or produced by you in connection with your entry shall become the property of the Promoter. You hereby assign to the Promoter all intellectual property rights (including future rights) in your entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry. You also waive all moral rights in relation to your entry to which you may now or at any future time be entitled under the Copyright Act 1968 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world. You agree to take all such action and sign all such documentation as may be necessary to give effect to this section 20.
- The Promoter does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available your entry.
Data Protection and Publicity
- If you win a prize, you agree to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter including but not limited to the posting of your name and town of residence/state on au.playstation.com.
- By entering the Promotion entrants understand and agree that the Promoter (and its affiliates and companies that work for the Promoter) may use and disclose the information provided by them by entering the information into a database for future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, subject to any applicable privacy laws.
- All conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law or otherwise in relation to the prize and/or the promotion are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury which you suffer as a direct or indirect result of the prize and/or the promotion. However, the Promoter makes no attempt to exclude or limit its liability for death or personal injury caused as a result of its negligence.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify these rules, suspend or discontinue this Promotion at any time.
- These rules are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales.